Camden Trauma Summit II
Posted by Healing10 on September 8, 2014
The 2014 Camden Trauma Summit will present an exciting opportunity to systemically apply Trauma Informed Care (TIC) to the city of Camden.
303 Cooper St
Camden, NJ 08102
Monday, October 6, 2014 at 8:30 AM – Tuesday, October 7, 2014 at 4:30 PM
The Summit has two main goals:
1. Present an analysis of our community using the ACES (Adverse Childhood Experiences Study) and underlying Attachment Theory to “retell” the story of who we are today. ACES and Attachment Theory and then describing will be used to discuss the Camden reality and how much of our communal behavior can be seen as coping mechanisms to complex trauma, “representing” many of our social worries using a framework undergirded by ACES and Attachment Theory (TIC).
2. To re-imagine Camden from a “behavior problem” to one of healing opportunity . Although it might sound self-evident, openness to TIC often remains at the level of the individual. Moving to the systems model is essential for creating and sustaining healthy communities. Organizations that are working in situations of overwhelming neglect, endemic poverty and structural injustice often are experiencing vicarious trauma and don’t have tools to name it and work with it. Our community structures–albeit parents, teachers, police, government officials, etc. are often managing from places of vicarious trauma. Without a systemic understanding of what is happening to us, it is difficult to change.
The hope of our conference is to first define the systemic impact of trauma in the community and then to offer possible next steps to work with it.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
Parking will be provided in the Rutgers lots and is included in the price of your ticket.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions
What is appropriate attire?
Is there finacial assistance?
Yes, if you need support, please email email@example.com! We want anyone who will be there, to be there!
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- Post Graduate Volunteer Fair (Students and Organizations) – Nov 8
- Parents Progressing with Life, Classes – Oct 17
- The Future of Food: Food Waste & Philadelphia – Oct 20
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.