Camden Action Fellow
Posted by Camden Action on December 17, 2019
Camden Action works to develop leadership grounded in Black, Brown, Southeast Asian immigrant and refugee communities in Camden County and Camden City. Our purpose is to support building power in Black & Brown, Southeast Asian immigrant and refugee communities through electoral organizing tactics. Camden Action, an affiliate of VietLead, aims to build a robust and deeply rooted field program for 2020 to both engage and increase participation in the 2020Census and the 2020 Presidential Elections. We see both contests as critical steps toward building community power in Camden County and Camden City.
From December 2019 until June 2020, Camden Action will be a part of a county-wide initiative to “Get Out The Count” (GOTC) for the upcoming 2020 CENSUS! As part of our belief that all community members living in Camden have the right and ability to shape and inform our city, we will be assembling a 2020 CENSUS Field Team in order to carry out the initial steps in educating our community members, citizens or not, young and old, to engage our political sphere through the upcoming 2020 CENSUS. This team will participate in a two fold census education outreach plan primarily through door knocking by supporting community members to learn more about why participating in the 2020 CENSUS is important for our community’s interests as well as reminding our community members to be attentive of the census deadlines. The Camden Action 2020 CENSUS Field Team will be a part of a seasonal team designed to provide support to a dynamic and creative team that works to increase political power of the Black, Brown, and Southeast Asian refugee and immigrant communities across Camden County.
Camden Action seeks 4-6 highly motivated, enthusiastic and responsible individuals for our part- time 2020 CENSUS FIELD TEAM position for our “Get Out The Counts” program. This position will be based out of our Camden office and will begin in Winter 2019 and last until Winter of 2020. The Field Team will support Program Staff in the following:
- Supporting team in preparing logistical support for actions such as door-knocking and canvassing
- Supporting team in Implement “Get Out The Counts” Strategies over through out the next year until CENSUS DAY on April 1, 2020
- Support in Outreach for volunteers and for other program-related needs
- Organizing and recruiting new volunteers through high school, college, and community outreach for phone
- Door knocking and home visits for Census Education
- Maintain filing system for volunteer hours
- Supporting Staff in organizing, planning, and carrying out programming
- Other programming-related support as needed
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Able to speak Spanish/Vietnamese is preferred
- Must have access to transportation preferred
- PC computer literacy, proficient in Word, Excel, and internet usage
Compensation: Stipended position and work study support.
- Learning & Outreach Coordinator, Hope Center
- Project Coordinator, Hope Center
- Legislative Affairs Manager (Remote & In-Person), Philadelphia Corporation for Aging
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.