Calling all community engagement professionals: What trends should we be tracking?
Posted by Campus Compact on February 13, 2024
Calling all community engagement professionals: Contribute your insights to shape a comprehensive survey, addressing the evolving landscape of higher education community engagement infrastructure, led by Campus Compact Field Data Fellow, Sinda Nichols.
Most survey instruments in higher education community engagement focus on student learning, faculty teaching and scholarship, and community partnerships. However, researchers and practitioners also need data on campus community and civic engagement infrastructure. How else can we accurately understand the rapidly changing landscape of this work?
The Campus Compact field data fellow is consulting with Compact staff to design a survey to collect this data type. We want to be sure we’re hearing from a wide range of staff and faculty at different institutions to make our survey valuable and relevant across the board. This winter, we’ll be seeking input from campus representatives on the design of the survey, including:
- What information should this survey capture?
- How has community engagement been changing on your campus, and what questions should we ask to document those changes?
- How do you describe how community engagement is structured and supported on your campus? Is it distributed, jointly managed, or centralized — or would you call it something else?
More in "Miscellaneous"
- Virtual Tech Talk Tuesday: Celebrating Black History Month – Feb 27
- Webinar: Energy Efficiency First: Preparing your Nonprofit for Solar – Feb 27
- Webinar: Building the Foundation for your 2026 Carnegie Application – Mar 6
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.