Call for Workshops: IMPACT National Conference on Service, Advocacy and Social Action
Posted by on November 21, 2010
CALL FOR WORKSHOP PROPOSALS
IMPACT National Conference on Service, Advocacy and Social Action
March 31-April 3, 2011 | Stetson University | DeLand, Florida
The IMPACT Conference is historically the largest annual conference in the nation focused on engaging college students in service, advocacy and social action. This event continues and builds on the legacy of the COOL (Campus Outreach Opportunity League) National Conference and the Idealist Campus Conference, spanning an incredible 26-year history.
Campus administrators, faculty, students, and those affiliated with non-profits are invited to submit proposals to present a workshop at the 2011 national conference.
Proposal submission deadlines:
First Round of Workshop Proposals due: December 10, 2010
Notification by December 20, 2010
Submit early for advance travel planning!
Final Round of Workshop Proposals due: January 21, 2011
Notification by February 1, 2011
Visit http://www.impactconference.org to submit your proposal today!
We are looking for a variety of different workshops for IMPACT 2011 on topics such as:
– IMPACT from the Classroom: how to transform your learning experiences with best practices from the field of service learning, research, and students taking initiative to combine their service and academics,
– Building your Leadership Tool Kit: how to take your engagement to the next level with practical how-to’s and “who’s done its” from the national network. Whether it’s recruitment, how to motivate, communicate, or build your organizational success,
– Issue Me Change: understanding the issues (whether they be hunger, environmental justice, homelessness, health or something else),
– Make Way for the Advocate: Figuring out how to take the step from service leader to community activist and delve deeper to better advocate for change.
– Career Building: How to build a career out of fighting for social justice in today’s economic times with practical advice from the change agents of today, and
– Refining your leadership or administrator skills through our brand new IMPACT Leadership Academy, and the IMPACT Administrator’s Institute.
Making IMPACT 2011 the best conference ever starts with YOU!
If you have any questions about submitting your workshop proposal or how to give a workshop, please feel free to contact Lorrie Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org or 317.274.5198.
- Program Announced for CUMU Fall Conference: The Essential Role of Urban and Metropolitan Universities – Oct 23-26
- Call for Proposals: Fall 2022 Cooper Street Workshops – Jun 15
- Virtual Youth Leadership Summit: Empowering Youth As Leaders – Jun 17-18
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.