Call for Proposals:Thriving Partnerships in Service Learning and Community Engagement
Posted by on March 2, 2009
The Community College National Center for Community Engagement (CCNCCE) “Unraveling the Mysteries behind Thriving Partnerships in Service Learning and Community Engagement”
May 20-22, 2009
2009 Annual National Conference
Call for Proposals
The Community College National Center for Community Engagement (CCNCCE) invites you to submit a proposal to present at its 18th annual conference, May 20-22, 2009. The deadline for submitting proposals is March 9, 2009. Detailed instructions for submitting a proposal are outlined below.
Instructions for Submitting Proposals
Proposals are now being accepted for the general workshop sessions during the Center’s 18th Annual Conference. Conference presentations are 1-hour or 90-minute sessions, which should be designed to be highly interactive. Proposals to present at the conference must be submitted in electronic form. In keeping with our theme, some of the issues you may wish to address in your workshop are:
* Developing effective partnerships in service learning and civic engagement
* Leveraging your program’s resources through creative partnerships in service learning and civic engagement
* Opportunities for partnerships with non-profit organizations during the economic downturn
* Strategies for retaining students through service learning and civic engagement
* The role of service learning partners in helping students stay in school
* Incorporating service learning and civic engagement into the curriculum
* Effective evaluation and assessment of service learning programs
* Research in service learning and civic engagement
* Showcase your innovative service learning program or project
To submit a proposal for the 18th Annual Conference, click HERE or on the “Submit Proposal” tab at the top of this page and submit your proposal online.
Deadline for Submission: March 9, 2009
Notification by: March 20, 2009
In addition to conducting a workshop presentation during the conference, presenters are responsible for submitting a 3-5-page conference paper, which describes the conference session, no later than April 7, 2009. Conference papers are posted to the CCNCCE website and also may be available through the ERIC Clearinghouse for Community Colleges. For a sample of conference papers, please review previous conference proceedings. Presenters should forward one copy of the original in both hard copy and electronic format (PC compatible).
- Young, Smart, & Local 2023 – Nov 13-15
- National Student Vote Summit – Nov 15-17
- 2023 CUMU Annual Conference: Resilient Campuses. Resilient Cities. – Oct 15-18
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.