Call for Proposals: Transforming Global Learning Practice: Time for Action – Jun 13
The field of global learning, like higher education more broadly, has undergone a necessary period of reflection amid recent social, economic, and public health crises. To address the uncomfortable realities that have been uncovered, educators across the United States and around the world are reframing global learning to emphasize the intentional inclusion of those who have been excluded; equitable and reciprocal forms of engagement; cultural readiness to facilitate meaningful interaction and learning; innovation and versatility in curricular design, and the situation of diversity, equity, and inclusion within global contexts.
The American Association of Colleges & Universities (AAC&U) is now accepting proposals for presentations based upon the following topical tracks:
- Intentional Alignment of Global Learning and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Innovation and Emerging Trends in Global Learning
- Career and Cultural Readiness for Global Engagement
- Civic Engagement in Global Contexts
- Decolonization of Global Learning Practices and Experiences
- Equity in Digital Global Learning
- Educating for Democracy in a Global Context
Click here for more information about developing and submitting proposals.
The deadline for submissions is June 13.
- Program Announced for CUMU Fall Conference: The Essential Role of Urban and Metropolitan Universities – Oct 23-26
- Call for Proposals: Fall 2022 Cooper Street Workshops – Jun 15
- Virtual Youth Leadership Summit: Empowering Youth As Leaders – Jun 17-18
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.