Call for Proposals: Scholarship & Social Justice Undergraduate Research Conference – Feb 13
The Scholarship & Social Justice Undergraduate Research Conference will be held on Thursday, April 13th and Friday, April 14th, 2023.
This conference seeks to bring staff, faculty and undergraduates together to celebrate social-justice focused scholarship, and reflective learning. The purpose of this conference is:
- to honor scholarship which focuses on challenges facing society with regard to equity and inclusion and historically marginalized and under-represented communities;
- to illuminate community-engaged research which reflects qualities of reciprocity and mutuality in the co-creation of scholarship, in addition to being transdisciplinary and inclusive of knowledge from outside the academy.
- to provide undergraduate researchers an opportunity to engage in academic discourse and research dissemination
For student scholars, this is an opportunity to engage in academic dialogue with peers and faculty mentors. For faculty, this conference presents an opportunity to explore about how other disciplines conduct research that creates new knowledge and understanding about equity and social justice and to be inspired by the next generation of scholars.
In particular, we hope that this conference will encourage historically under-represented students to pursue careers in the academy.
The proposal deadline is February 13, 2023 at 11:59pm EST. Applicants will be notified of decisions on March 1st 2023.
- 2023 Project Kaleidoscope (PKAL) STEM Leadership Institute – Mar 15
- Call for Proposals: American School Health Association – Feb 17
- Call for Proposals for Edited Book: Pathways of Public Service & Civic Engagement – Feb 10
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.