Call for Proposals: Reflective STEM Practitioner: Looking Back, Moving Forward Stronger
Posted by Philadelphia Regional Noyce Partnership on May 23, 2016
The Philadelphia Regional Noyce Partnership will host a STEM Educator Professional Development Day
The Reflective STEM Practitioner: Looking Back, Moving Forward Stronger
Saturday, June 18, 2016 ~ 8:30 am – 4:00 pm
Presenters in Secondary Math, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Earth Science are welcome to submit a workshop proposal
. The Philadelphia Regional Noyce Partnership is reaching out to educators, master teachers, faculty at institutions of higher education, and STEM educational organizations in the region for presenters of workshops for this STEM Professional Development Day. It is expected that teachers who attend this Professional Development Day will be able to use what they learn to become better Reflective STEM Practitioners
Workshops will be 75 minutes long. Presenters will receive a stipend of $150.00
We are looking for the following characteristics of our presenters and their workshops:
· Workshops should model instructional excellence, including cultural relevancy and should strive to increase content and pedagogical knowledge, particularly focused on improving teachers knowledge about and skills for being a Reflective STEM Practitioner.
· Presenters must know their content well.
· Presenters are asked to follow a format in which a lesson is modeled, deconstructed and analyzed by teachers focusing on specified STEM Practices through a lens of reflective practice.
· Presenters will focus on one of the following STEM Practices
· Solving Problems
· Creating Models
· Engaging in Evidence-based Arguments
· Using abstract and quantitative thinking
· Communicating precisely and accurately
· Presenters should build into their workshop a way for teachers to “make their thinking/reflecting visible” as they approach these practices and provide opportunities for teachers to share their observations on reflective practice with their colleagues.
Deadline for proposals is May 27, 2016
Email Bonnie Hallam (firstname.lastname@example.org) for a Workshop Proposal Form.
Please submit your workshop proposal May 27, 2016 to Bonnie Hallam, PRNP Program Coordinator (email@example.com). Please feel free to share this announcement. Thank you.
Registration is open at:
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- PA STEM Coalition Meeting: Environmental Education and Education for Sustainability Panel Discussion – Nov 4
- Collaborating Across the Aisle: Supporting Students As They Transition from High School to College Classroom – Nov 19
- Lunch & Learn on Equity in Our Community – Nov 18
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.