Call for Proposals: National Conference on Volunteering and Service
Posted by on November 10, 2008
The National Conference on Volunteering and Service is the world’s largest annual gathering of service and volunteer leaders. On June 22-24, 2009, we will welcome thousands of conference participants to the beautiful and dynamic city of San Francisco. The 2009 National Conference on Volunteering and Service is seeking workshop proposals that engage participants in new skills, practical tools, innovative ideas, and cutting-edge information in four strategic focus areas.
1. Service as the Solution Volunteering and service are the most effective interventions in tackling some of our toughest social challenges. This focus area offers insights on how service and volunteering address critical issues such as illiteracy, high school dropout prevention, poverty, homelessness, healthcare, elder care, environmental degradation, and disaster.
2. Innovation and Entrepreneurship For the sector to thrive and grow, we need new ways of doing business, new technologies, and new/adapted models. This focus area will showcase innovative public/private partnerships, collaborations, social networking, Web 2.0, and international trends important to service and volunteering.
3. Best Practices for Success Today’s volunteers demand challenging assignments in well-managed programs that capitalize on their experience. This focus area will provide operational best practices on topics that include recruitment and retention, fundraising, financial management, leadership, and other nuts and bolts of effective program management.
4. Advancing the Sector The service and volunteer movement has unprecedented support and momentum. To seize this momentum and build a true nation of service we need new policies, more stakeholders, better data, and stronger public support. Here we will offer updates on the latest research, policies, legislation, and strategies to advance volunteering and service.
If you are interested in presenting, visit our website at http://www.volunteeringandservice.org to submit a proposal. The deadline for submissions is Saturday, November 15 at noon (12 pm) EST. Note: We will only accept online submissions. http://www.volunteeringandservice.org/rfp/
- College Leadership Summit – Nov 5
- IARSLCE 2021 Virtual Gathering: Reflections on a Tumultuous Time and an Invitation to Gather – Nov 15-17
- Call for Proposals: Pathways to Achieving Civic Engagement (PACE) Conference – Nov 10
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.