Call for Proposals: IARSLCE 2021 Virtual Gathering – Jun 25
Posted by International Association for Research on Service-Learning and Community Engagement on June 22, 2021
International Association for Research on Service-Learning & Community Engagement (IARSLCE) 2021 Virtual Gathering: Reflections on a Tumultuous Time and an Invitation to Gather
We invite you to join us online November 15-17, 2021 to rebuild, strengthen, and expand our scholarly community while co-creating future directions for service-learning and community engagement research. Our virtual gathering will include opportunities to consider reflections from prominent scholars; discuss timely ideas, dilemmas, inquiry lines, and problems of practice with peers; and discover emerging and evolving research in our field. Most importantly, we will rekindle and reaffirm our connections to each other, and to our broader communities, by sharing space and building relationships of solidarity and coalition.
Our goals for this gathering are to:
- Provide a forum for scholar-practitioners to present and get feedback about their current SLCE research
- Offer opportunities for participants to network and take part in conversations about issues that are critical to the field
- Build individual and collective capacity to enact engaged scholarship that responds to pressing and enduring issues around the world and supports ongoing movements for equity, justice, and sustainability
- Weave together a community of respect, solidarity, and collaboration among engaged scholars and practitioners, and strengthen commitments to our home communities
For more information about the gathering, the complete request for proposals, and the link to submit, please click here.
Proposal Deadline – June 25, 2021
- Ohio Campus Compact Annual Meeting – Aug 5-6
- Best Practices for Youth Development Virtual Conference – Jul 30
- Call for Manuscripts: Metropolitan Universities Journal, Community Engagement at Academic Health Centers – Oct 1
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.