Call for Proposals: Forum on Justice and the Food System
Posted by Harvard University on January 5, 2015
Harvard’s Just Food? Forum on Justice and the Food System March 28-29, 2015
A collaboration of the Harvard Food Law Society and Food Literacy Project as part of Food Better
Call for workshop and poster proposals
Please submit by: January 20, 2015
Does your work connect to the food system? Food Better Harvard seeks proposals that focus on issues of social, economic, and environmental justice in the food system. We encourage proposals that highlight entrepreneurial initiatives and insights, lessons learned, successes, and opportunities to create a more just food system. We are seeking two different types of proposals:
- Conference sessions in a panel discussion or workshop format to share research and knowledge of a topic or spark conversation and ideas.
- Showcased work in a poster, exhibit, or demonstration format for scholars and entrepreneurs to share their current projects and research.
Possible Session Topics
· The food system and climate change
· Disappearing water and US agriculture’s future
· Real food- the gap: economically fair for the farmer and consumer
· International development and global resource strain
· The Susceptibility of Industrial Agriculture
· New Legal Regimes to Address Food Injustice
· Realizing a Right to Food
· Improving SNAP and Economic Access to Food
· Rural and urban food security- from farmers to consumers
· Rich World Maladies: The Rise of Chronic Disease in the Developing World
· The Privatization of Food
· Fighting hunger with food waste
· From Farms to Fast Food- labor in the food system
· Ecological implications and opportunities in our food system
· Agricultural adaptation in a changing world
· New farmers and food entrepreneurs
· And more!
Please submit your proposal online: http://bit.ly/11tF75B.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Food Better is an initiative of the Food Law and Policy Clinic, the Food Law Society, the Food Literacy Project, the Harvard University Dining Services, the Office for Sustainability and others. Find out more at: http://foodbetter.squarespace.com/food-justice-conference/
Food Literacy Project Coordinator
- Virtual Event: 2022 Forum on Open Learning and ePortfolios – Jan 24
- Call for Papers: 30th Annual International Interdisciplinary Conference, Exploring Global Awareness and Sustainable Development to Build a Better World – Jan 14
- Community Schools Fundamentals 2021 Conference Available on Demand – Dec 31
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.