Call for Proposals: Continuums of Service Conference
Posted by on October 12, 2009
The Western Region Campus Compact Consortium is now accepting proposals for the 13th Annual Continuums of Service Conference, March 31 – April 2, 2010 in Portland, Oregon!
This year’s theme is Vision, Courage, Leadership: Engagement to Strengthen Communities. Across history civil societies have relied on bold leadership to survive, sustain, and even thrive in the face of challenges. To effectively lead during unprecedented and complex times, one must be willing to risk and practice selfless leadership. Championing efforts to collaborate with our communities, cultivate student leadership and engagement, and advance service-learning and civic engagement initiatives requires vision, courage, and leadership.
The 13th Annual Continuums of Service Conference invites leaders-including representatives from higher education, K-12 education, community-based organizations, government agencies, philanthropic organizations, businesses, and grassroots efforts-to convene and discuss strategies to implement our shared leadership and responsibility to rebuild and strengthen communities across the region. Together, participants can explore how partnerships-leveraging resources, knowledge, and innovative ideas-can address the most critical issues facing communities and educational institutions in the coming months and years.
Participants will gain a renewed passion, and build skills and confidence to lead campus and community partnerships into the future. Attendees will:
* Learn how to build partnerships; leverage leadership and resources; seize opportunities and take risks; and cultivate civic leadership on campuses and in communities.
* Generate new ideas to strengthen communities through leadership efforts, civic engagement, and social innovation.
* Be informed about national and international initiatives, opportunities, and resources.
* Share best practices for addressing contemporary issues such as poverty, student learning/development, college access and success, civic leadership, economic recovery, community revitalization, etc.
Engage in activities and dialogues to explore and fortify leadership qualities and strategies-increasing participants knowledge, capacity, and insights to lead courageously and inspirationally.
The Continuums of Service Conference has a long-standing history of invigorating participants to explore issues from diverse perspectives. The 2010 Continuums of Service Conference promises to creatively examine strategies for strengthening communities through vision, courage, and leadership. We invite you to join us in Portland, Oregon on March 31-April 2, 2010 to share your knowledge, skills, and ideas; and to network with colleagues from across the western region.
To submit your proposal visit the Washington Campus Compact website. Due Wednesday, November 4, 2009 (Firm).
Be sure to visit the website regularly for more information and updates.
The Western Region Campus Compact Consortium
California Campus Compact
Hawaii Pacific Islands Campus Compact
Oregon Campus Compact
Washington Campus Compact
More in "National Conferences & Calls for Proposal"
- Call for Proposals: 2023 Transforming STEM Higher Education Conference – Aug 15
- Virtual Youth Summit: Empowering Sustainable Change Through Youth Leadership – Jun 23-24
- Call for Proposals: 2023 Imagining America National Gathering, Radical Reckoning: Invoking the Elements for Collective Change – May 31
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.