Call for Proposals: Community-Campus Partnerships for Health Conference
Posted by on May 27, 2013
Community-Campus Partnerships for Health Conference
We invite you to share your knowledge, wisdom and experience! Submit a proposal for a session or poster presentation at Community-Campus Partnerships for Health’s next conference, April 30-May 3, 2014 in Chicago, IL! The conference theme is “From Rhetoric to Reality: Achieving Authentic, Equitable & Transformative Partnerships.” Proposals are due September 30, 2013 for skill-building workshops, creative arts sessions, stories, roundtable discussions and posters that advance the conference theme and align with one or more of these conference topics:
* Communities as centers of learning, discovery and engagement
* Authentically engaged institutions
* Shared power and resources
* Ethical policies and practices
* Changing governmental and institutional policies and systems
* Sustaining partnerships and their outcomes
* Next generation leadership
* Mobilizing knowledge for action
Whether you are directly involved in community-based participatory research, service-learning or multi-sector coalitions – or are working to ensure the conditions are in place for such partnerships to thrive and have impact – the conference is designed to challenge and inspire you! Regardless of the social justice issue you are passionate about – health equity, education, environmental justice, food security, sustainability, indigenous rights and so forth – together we will explore how partnerships can transform our communities and institutions.
Concerned about the cost of attending? We are committed to keeping conference costs to a minimum and raising funds to support the full participation of community members, students and individuals from countries with emerging and developing economies. Details will be posted on our homepage at http://ccph.info as they become available.
- Ohio Campus Compact Annual Meeting – Aug 5-6
- Best Practices for Youth Development Virtual Conference – Jul 30
- Call for Manuscripts: Metropolitan Universities Journal, Community Engagement at Academic Health Centers – Oct 1
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.