Call for Proposals: Civic Learning and Democratic Engagement Meeting – Feb 3
The planning committee for the 2023 Civic Learning and Democratic Engagement (CLDE) meeting would like to encourage our HE-SL colleagues to submit a proposal for the 2023 Civic Learning and Democratic Engagement (CLDE) conference to be held May 31-June 2, 2023 in Boston, Massachusetts. CLDE is a collaboration of the American Association of State Colleges and Universities (AASCU), American Democracy Project (ADP), and the National Association of Student Personnel Administrators (NASPA).
Proposals are due February 3, 2023 and the Call for Proposals outlines guiding questions to consider including,
- How can we integrate equity, justice, diversity, inclusion, and accessibility into civic and community engagement work in practical, scalable, and creative ways?
- What practices can higher education institutions instill in order to create more experiential civic learning opportunities? How do we hold institutions accountable for advancing anti-racist practices?
- How can we balance voter registration, education, and turnout efforts with broader civic and community outreach and engagement?
- Do campuses have institution-wide political and civic learning objectives? What are the student-level practices and outcomes and how are they assessed?
- What are effective civic learning and engagement pedagogical and programmatic strategies, relevant to both the historical perspective and the current climate?
- How are communities in which campuses are situated integrated into the work of strengthening democracy through political & civic learning initiatives as meaningful partners in the work?
Questions can be directed to Cathy Copeland, Director, American Democracy Project (ADP), [email protected], 202-478-7833.
- Young, Smart, & Local 2023 – Nov 13-15
- National Student Vote Summit – Nov 15-17
- 2023 CUMU Annual Conference: Resilient Campuses. Resilient Cities. – Oct 15-18
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.