Call for Proposals: Association for Community Health Improvement
Posted by on July 14, 2008
Association for Community Health Improvement: Spring Training for Health Champions Annual Conference
March 11-13, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Mark your calendar now for the Association for Community Health Improvement’s sixth national conference.
Call for Conference Breakout Sessions is Open
ACHI is accepting presentation proposals with an emphasis on health equity and disparities, across four specific topic tracks.
All submissions must address one of the conference’s four topic tracks below. In addition, the overall conference will reflect the cross-cutting theme of working to achieve health status equity, and proposals are encouraged to address equity and disparities issues.
- Leading Community Health Assessments to Set Priorities, Programs, and Policies
- Achieving Community Benefit Excellence
- Improving Health by Addressing Our Social and Built Environments
- Building the Skills of Community Health Leaders (for Today and the Future)
What We’re Looking For
We are seeking session leaders who have successful experiences, tools, and approaches that reflect their work in community health or community benefit. The conference has a strong bias toward presenting and discussing practical solutions and tools, and an emphasis on sharing work that has demonstrated results.
We also particularly invite speakers who are willing both to present and to engage in dialogue with the audience.
Submission and Selection Process
Complete and submit your session proposal online, using the link below. Proposals require a title, description of approximately 400 words, and learning objectives. All proposals are due by Friday, August 8.
Proposals due: Friday, August 8, 2008
Notification of acceptance: Friday, September 12, 2008
Presenter Agreement due: Friday, September 26, 2008
Presentation materials due: Friday, January 9, 2009
Conference dates: March 11 – 13, 2009
- 33rd Annual National Service-Learning Conference: Student Showcase Applications – Dec 1
- NEXT Institute: From Classroom to Community, Moving Toward Social Justice – Nov 6
- Closing the Gap between Education and STEM Careers – Oct 28
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.