Call for proposals: 7th Annual Service Engagement Summit
Posted by Indiana Campus Compact on October 17, 2016
Call for proposals
7th Annual Service Engagement Summit
February 27-28, 2016
Call for proposals due November 11, 2016.
We are seeking, workshop/interactive presentations, poster presentations, and new this year – roundtable resource exchanges.
Download proposal requirements.
The Indiana Campus Compact Service Engagement Summit is our signature event which provides our members the opportunity to hear the brightest speakers, participate in the most thought-provoking and useful workshops, and create programming that will have a lasting impact on our society for years to come.
We will focus on the role of social justice in higher education through the lens of power, privilege, and the coming together of communities. We seek proposals for presentations on February 28, 2017, that reflect that focus for the 7th Annual Service Engagement Summit, which will be held in Indianapolis, IN, February 27-28, 2017.
Summit Highlights include:
Keynote addresses by:
- Kimberly Dark, award winning writer, storyteller, performer, and speaker who helps audiences discover that we are creating the world, even as it creates us.
- Ashley C. Ford, writer, editor, teacher, and speaker who is currently co-editing the anthology Not That Bad: Dispatches from Rape Culture with Roxane Gay.
Awards Gala with cocktail reception, dinner, and keynote address.
Deep dive workshops from:
- Eric Hartman, Executive Director, Center for Peace and Global Citizenship, Haverford College, A Disciplined Approach to Social Justice: Advancing Human Rights through Engaged Learning.
- The Center for Civic Reflection, Civic Reflection Train the Trainer Workshop
- Continuums of Service Conference – Mar 14-17
- PA College Admissions Counseling Annual Conf Call for Proposals – Feb 17
- Conference on Diversity, Equity, and Student Success: Can We Handle Truth? – Mar 9-11
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.