Call for Presenters: X-Treme Health Youth Conference
Posted by on December 16, 2005
CALL FOR PRESENTERS
X-TREME HEALTH YOUTH CONFERENCE 2006
Thursday, March 16, 2006
Franklin & Marshall College, Lancaster PA
Student Health OUTreach of Lancaster County (SHOUT) is invested teens and adults working together to reduce teen pregnancy in Lancaster County by providing information, advocacy and comprehensive education for youth on wellness and healthy relationships.
Drawing on the strength of the SHOUT mission, we plan to provide a day of learning, sharing and data-gathering for both teens and adults simultaneously. As this approach has brought us to higher levels of learning and understanding at our general meetings and events, so it will be expanded upon at this unique youth/adult collaborative conference.
? Workshops may be proposed for teens only, for adults only, or for a teen/adult combined audience.
? Presenters may propose more than one workshop or the same workshop for different audiences.
? Workshops will be offered in one-hour time slots.
? Continuing education credits will be offered for professional workshops (pending approval).
Successful proposals will be for workshops which are interactive and science-based. Preference will be given to proposals that meet the needs of diverse populations and that address the following topic areas:
? prevention of major health obstacles (including teen pregnancy, sexually transmitted infections, drug and alcohol abuse and sexual assault)
? the promotion of proven well-being indicators (including leadership skills, decision-making skills, after-school programs, traditional and alternative health initiatives and mentoring relationships)
TO SUBMIT A PROPOSAL
Send the following to Anita Pilkerton-Plumb at [email protected] All proposals must be received by 5pm on Friday, January 20, 2006.
1. Name, title, agency, address, phone and email of lead and co-presenter(s).
2. Title of workshop presentation as it would appear in conference brochure.
3. Brief workshop description (50 words or less) as it would appear in brochure.
4. Specific learning objectives for your workshop.
5. Specify if your workshop is for teens, adults, or teens/adults combined.
6. Audio/visual requirements.
7. Maximum number of participants allowed for your session.
- Third Annual 1619 Project Education Conference (Virtual) – Feb 17-18
- Call for Presentations: 2024 Higher Education Suicide Prevention Conference – Jan 12
- Call for Proposals: 2024 Active Citizens Conference – Jan 25
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.