Call for Papers on Community Organizing and Development
Posted by on August 10, 2009
[posted from Comm-Org list]
Please feel welcomed to redistribute. Apologies in advance for cross-posting.
Submit your writing to COMM-ORG: The On-Line Conference on Community Organizing and Development
Are you writing a paper on:
* community organizing?
* community development?
* community planning?
* community-based research?
* a related area?
COMM-ORG is looking for papers to post on the COMM-ORG Papers page, http://comm-org.wisc.edu/comm-org/page.php?7. All papers are posted on the COMM-ORG website and announced on its accompanying list-serve, which reaches over 1000 people across more than a dozen nations. We welcome discussion of all papers on the list-serve and encourage our members to also send comments directly to authors.
To submit a paper contact the editor, Randy Stoecker, at [email protected].
Authors retain complete control over their work, and COMM-ORG supports authors revising their papers for submission to journals, trade publications, or anywhere. Because COMM-ORG is an on-line “conference,” papers presented on COMM-ORG are usually publishable in journals and other official publications.
COMM-ORG welcomes papers from scholars, organizers, other practitioners, and students. We also welcome previously published hard-to-find writing with permission from the original publisher.
We are especially interested in papers on the following and other topics:
* What works and what doesn’t in community organizing, planning, and development.
* Real-life stories of community organizing and/or development campaigns.
* The relationships between theories and practices in community organizing.
* The history of community organizing in a changing structural-historical context.
* Linkages between community organizing and community development.
* Linkages between community organizing and planning.
* The roles of religious institutions in community organizing.
* Linkages between community organizing and social movements.
* The roles of gender, race, identity, and ideology in community organizing.
* Activist-academic collaborations in community organizing.
If you wish to submit a paper:
* The paper must be submitted using a word processing format. pdf files will not be considered.
* Text must be in single column format.
* All papers will be formatted in html using the COMM-ORG style.
* Authors of previously published work are responsible for seeking permission from the original publisher for posting on COMM-ORG.
Thanks for your interest.
- Call for Proposals: Summit for Sustainable Schools – Jan 15
- Third Annual 1619 Project Education Conference (Virtual) – Feb 17-18
- Call for Presentations: 2024 Higher Education Suicide Prevention Conference – Jan 12
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.