Call for Papers: International Journal for Service Learning in Engineering (IJSLE)
Posted by on October 28, 2005
The International Journal for Service Learning in Engineering (IJSLE) is a new faculty-reviewed electronic journal offered free, semi-annually, over the World Wide Web. The Journal welcomes manuscripts based on original work of students and researchers with a specific focus or implication for service learning in engineering, engineering entrepreneurship in service, or related service learning pedagogy.
With an increasing number of individuals and institutions of higher education becoming involved in service learning and entrepreneurship in service learning, IJSLE is an invaluable resource for students, faculty, practicing engineers and local communities.
With articles relating to the latest design and research pertinent to local communities, the faculty-reviewed articles in each issue provide the reader with timely information related to:
— research into appropriate technologies and solutions for developing community problems
— design solutions for problem specific to developing communities
— engineering entrepreneurship in developing communities
— service learning pedagogy
1) The Journal has issued its first call for papers, due December 30, 2005.
2) The Journal is also seeking faculty members who may wish to serve as a reviewer (or editor) for the Journal.
Visit the journal at http://www.engr.psu.edu/IJSLE
For more information, please contact Tom Colledge at Pennsylvania State University, [email protected]
- Call for Proposals: Summit for Sustainable Schools – Jan 15
- Third Annual 1619 Project Education Conference (Virtual) – Feb 17-18
- Call for Presentations: 2024 Higher Education Suicide Prevention Conference – Jan 12
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.