Call for Papers: International Association for Research on Service-Learning and Community Engagement
Posted by on April 21, 2014
IJRSLCE Call for Submission
The International Association for Research on Service-Learning and Community Engagement invites submissions for the fall 2014 volume of The International Journal of Research on Service-Learning and Community Engagement (IJRSLCE). IJRSLCE is a peer-reviewed online journal dedicated to advancing the study and practice of service-learning and campus-community engagement in settings ranging from K-12 to higher education to community-based organizations. IJRSLCE is published annually in English. It is international in scope, accepting articles from within and outside the U.S.; rigorous, with a focus on cutting edge theory and high quality research; and comprehensive and multidisciplinary, drawing on a variety of methodologies and disciplines.
IJRSLCE is currently seeking the following types of manuscripts:
- Research Articles. Articles reporting on findings from empirical studies of service-learning and community engagement. Submissions should be well-grounded in the relevant research literature, reflect well-designed methodology, and present evidence-based findings from quantitative or qualitative research. Articles must report results linked to research-based questions; those that are primarily program descriptions or descriptions of service-learning/community engagement practices will not be accepted.
- Theoretical or Conceptual Articles. Articles that examine and advance the theoretical or conceptual foundations of service-learning and civic engagement.
- Review Articles. Articles, including reports of meta-analyses, that take a critical look at findings and practices in the fields of service-learning and community engagement to assess the state of knowledge in the field and/or the significance of existing literature.
- Book Reviews. IJRSLCE welcomes reviews (1500 words or less) of recent publications in the field that advance the study and research of service-learning and community engagement.
Cathy Burack, Senior Fellow for Higher Education, Center for Youth and Communities (CYC), Heller School, Brandeis University
Alan Melchior, Associate Director and Senior Fellow, CYC, Heller School, Brandeis University
Jodi Benenson, Brandeis University
To submit an article for consideration, please access the International Journal of Research on Service-Learning and Community Engagement online. Alternatively, the journal can be accessed by going to the IARSLCE website and clicking on the Publications link. Authors will need to register (at no-cost) and then log in before submitting their article. The deadline for submissions is May 23, 2014.
If you have any questions, please contact a member of the editorial team.
- Third Annual 1619 Project Education Conference (Virtual) – Feb 17-18
- Call for Presentations: 2024 Higher Education Suicide Prevention Conference – Jan 12
- Call for Proposals: 2024 Active Citizens Conference – Jan 25
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.