Call for Abstracts: Imaginative Education: Provoking Excellence Across the Curriculum
Posted by on December 15, 2006
Announcing the 5th International Conference on Imagination and Education
Imaginative Education: Provoking Excellence Across the Curriculum
July 18-21, 2007
Abstract Deadline: February 19, 2007
Paper Deadline: August 31, 2007
The Imaginative Education Research Group (IERG), of the Faculty of Education at Simon Fraser University is pleased to announce our 5th International Conference on Imagination and Education. The conference aims to stimulate discussion of imaginative education and its application in classrooms, and to ensure that educational experiences are imaginatively engaging for both teachers and learners.
The conference committee invites proposals related to the conference theme of Imaginative Education: Provoking Excellence Across the Curriculum from researchers, graduate students and teacher-practitioners in all areas of education. Proposals are blind, peer reviewed while paper submissions are non-refereed and are published via the world wide web. Proposals are submitted via the online system found at http://www.ierg.net/confs/callforpapers.php?cf=2
For those doing research around themes of imaginative education and who are interested in the possibility of a fully refereed paper publication, they invite 5000 word papers submitted for referee to the 2nd Annual Research Symposium on Imaginative Education. Please visit http://www.ierg.net/confs/index.php?cf=4 for details about the format and to submit a paper.
A proposal may be submitted to both the conference and the symposium so long as the proposals are different. The symposium sessions are scheduled in parallel with conference sessions.
All proposals should be submitted into one of the following tracks:
1) Evaluating Imaginative Learning
2) Imagination in Science and/or Mathematics Teaching
3) Imagination in Arts and/or Humanities
4) Implementing Imaginative Education
5) Imaginative Curriculum Design
6) Theory of Imaginative Education
7) Research Symposium, http://www.ierg.net/confs/index.php?cf=4
More in "National Conferences & Calls for Proposal"
- Call for Proposals: 2023 Transforming STEM Higher Education Conference – Aug 15
- Virtual Youth Summit: Empowering Sustainable Change Through Youth Leadership – Jun 23-24
- Call for Proposals: 2023 Imagining America National Gathering, Radical Reckoning: Invoking the Elements for Collective Change – May 31
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.