California Farm To School Conference
Posted by California Farm to School Network on January 12, 2015
CA Farm To School Conference 2015
Connecting. Growing. Leading.
May 4th – 6th | Asilomar | Pacific Grove, CA
Registration is open!
Connect with Farm to School partners and colleagues across California during the first statewide conference hosted by the California Farm to School Network. The early bird rate of $325 is available through January 31st.
Learn more at http://www.cafarmtoschoolconference.org or register now at Eventbrite.
The conference will offer a series of workshops, panels and discussions that will be of significant educational and networking value to attendees who will represent all facets of the farm to school movement, including farmers, distributors, government representatives, procurement officers, educators, and food program administrators.
The early bird registration fee of $325* includes two days of sessions, plus meals during the conference. Pre-conference activities are also available on May 4th for an additional fee.
*Scholarships are available for farmers. Contact us for more information.
- Education in the Cafeteria and Classroom: How to integrate Farm to School in the school setting, align with common core, and institutionalize programs in school districts.
- Programs on the Farm and in the Garden: Covers unique aspects and models of garden enhanced nutrition education and farm education.
- Making The Case: How can Farm to School Programs promote health, enhance nutrition education, change eating behaviors, and prevent chronic disease?
- Local Procurement: Share strategies, case studies, and models for breaking down barriers and procuring local food.
- Policy and Funding: Share stories and resources for how advocacy, policy, and funding at the district, local or state level can support Farm to School efforts.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Register now at Eventbrite. Rates go up after January 31st.
- Call for Proposals: Conference on Community Writing: Activating Radical Imagination – Feb 5
- 2023 Project Kaleidoscope (PKAL) STEM Leadership Institute – Mar 15
- Call for Proposals: American School Health Association – Feb 17
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.