Building Bridges Mentoring Program: Program Director (Full-time)
Posted by West Kensington Ministry on November 12, 2019
ABOUT BUILDING BRIDGES MENTORING PROGRAM:
Building Bridges Mentoring Program, is a mentoring program for youth who have trouble attending and engaging in school. We believe that education for our children is not only key to their success, but also to the success of the entire community. Building Bridges was established to keep children engaged in school and thus disrupt the school to prison pipeline, so debilitating to our community.
To accomplish this, we partner with the local public schools to identify children between the ages of 10 and 16, who are at risk of entering the juvenile justice system. We establish a year-long commitment to one-on-one mentoring of children to keep them in school to earn their high school diploma. An initial 8 hours of mentor training is provided to prospective mentors who have cleared background checks. Our goal is to improve school attendance and engagement as well as to provide the tools for our mentees to advocate for themselves.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in social services is required, Master’s degree preferred
- Excellent organizational skills, required
- Strong community networking and verbal communication skills are required
- Excellent management and supervision skills is required
- Prior experience in recruiting, training, and working with volunteers is preferred
- Prior experience in managing human service programs is required
- Experience in seeking and writing grants preferred
- A demonstrated passion for helping youth who are disconnected from school and/or their families, is required
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and execute Mentor recruitment plan that results in at least 25 trained mentors in the first year.
- Develop and execute Mentee recruitment plan that results in 25 enrolled youth to be matched in the first year
- Lead mentor training
- Implement protocols to assure and monitor program quality
- Ensure all program policies are followed and apply risk mitigation strategies when needed
- Develop communication and marketing materials for the program, including online presence
- Manage program budget
- Develop program strategy and management plans to guide the program
- Establish a fundraising and grant writing system to allow growth of the program
- Produce required reports to program funder(s)
- Ensure program is evaluated yearly and data are used to guide improvements
- Enroll and approve mentors, following program guidelines.
- Enroll and match youth, ages 12-17, following program guidelines.
- Plan and lead group match events
- Plan and lead mentor support events
- Use program training materials to lead mentor training
- Provide ongoing coaching and supervision to mentors to assure quality implementation of mentoring program.
- Work collaboratively with Program Process Director to implement approved protocols and time-lines for data collection.
- Maintain and protect confidentiality and security of all organization information gained in the course of performing job responsibilities including, but not limited to, financial and client information.
- Initiate community outreach events.
- Implement policies in accordance with, and at the direction of, the Pastor
Contact: Rev. Adan A. Mairena, email@example.com or 267-879-6310.
- Afterschool Group Leaders, Martha Washington School
- Education Coordinator, Pendle Hill – Oct 20
- STEM Workforce Development Manager, McKinney Center
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.