Build Project Manager, Habitat for Humanity – Nov 7
Posted by Habitat for Humanity Philadelphia on September 20, 2022
At Habitat for Humanity Philadelphia (“HFHP”), we are builders who work alongside, not for others. We are driven by accountability and defined by our stick-to-itiveness. The Build Department directly improves the living conditions of low-income families by creating safe, healthy, affordable dwellings through the construction of new multi- and single-unit new housing, whole house rehab projects, and owner-occupied home repair work. The Build Project Manager is responsible for maintaining project schedules and budgets by safely and efficiently managing internal site staff, subcontractors, volunteer labor, and material acquisition in a manner that is consistent with applicable building codes, construction best practices, safety standards, and the overall goals of the organization.
Key Responsibility Area: Pre-Project Development
- Use License and Inspections eClipse system to prepare, submit and maintain required permitting, schedule inspections, and track certificates.
- Anticipate situations that will trigger environmental, structural, and safety hazards and take planning measures to mitigate risks to client health and worker safety.
- For owner-occupied repair projects: Conduct home assessments to identify what repairs each home requires (e.g.: structural, roofing, electrical, heating and plumbing, etc.) in order to become safe, warm, and dry. Build work scopes, cost estimates, and construction schedules that fit within the parameters of available funding, staff resources, and organizational goals.
- For new construction and whole-house rehab projects: Contribute to the design and planning process by working with internal directors and external design, architecture, and engineering firms to create project plans that align with the budgetary, design, and scheduling goals of the organization.
Key Responsibility Area: Construction Project Management
- Manage and coordinate all aspects of construction on assigned HFHP BUILD sites (new construction, rehab, owner-occupied repair).
- Build out and manage a detailed construction schedule in coordination with Site Supervisors and the Director of Construction Programs.
- Manage sub-contracted work: solicitation of bids and RFPs, scheduling, quality control, and establishment of work parameters through contracts, change orders and notice to proceed orders.
- Train and supervise site staff, construction interns, and on-site volunteers in construction practices, safety, and adherence to Habitat’s guidelines and policies.
- Work with other Project Managers to coordinate site-crew schedules and project labor allocations.
- Direct on-site safety programs, ensuring that the worksite and all workers on site meet regulatory safety requirements at all times.
- Manage required documentation for project compliance: e.g. OHSA, EPA, L&I, etc.
- Demonstrate and uphold strong carpentry and building science standards for both staff and subcontractors; be prepared to occasionally do hands-on work alongside site crews.
- Maintain a good relationship with all staff, homeowners, vendors, volunteers, and others, presenting a friendly persona and representing HFHP in a positive manner.
Apply by November 7, 2022.
- Site Coordinator, Playworks
- Administrative and Event Associate., Bicycle Coalition
- Accounting Associate (Remote), Center for Black Educator Development
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.