Bridging the Divides, Including All College Students: Diversity, Equity, and High Impact Civic Learning Pathways – Feb 6-7
We are excited to host the second forum in the CLDE Coalition‘s series of five Planning and Action Forums for Educators & Policy Leaders. These forums are presented by the CLDE Coalition and the University of Virginia’s Karsh Institute of Democracy with generous support from The Endeavor Foundation.
For U.S. democracy to succeed, Americans must know how to work together across difficult differences—racial, ethnic, socio-economic, political—and collaboratively create real-world solutions to the deep seated problems that divide societies and threaten the planet.
The Forum examines a broad range of strategies that higher education is developing now to help college students:
- probe democracy’s history, constitutional foundations, and possible futures;
- gain the skills needed to bridge difficult difference; become collaborative problem-solvers; and
- develop a strong sense of civic agency and responsibility.
Dates and Times: February 6-7, 2023, 2:00-5:30 PM
More in "Miscellaneous"
- Virtual Event: Launching Urban’s Financial Well-Being Data Hub: A New Approach to Improving Financial Security and Advancing Equity – Feb 21
- 2023 Spring Community of Practice, Campus Compact – Feb 13
- Webinar: Transformative Project-based, Integrative Global Learning x STEM – Feb 8
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.