Posted by Generocity on September 5, 2016
Blueprint: Homelessness is a 3-hour intensive workshop convening Philly leaders around homelessness to answer these questions:
- What’s the big picture of homelessness right now?
- Who’s doing what?
- How do we drive scalable and impactful solutions together?
Blueprint: Homelessness will provide a working space to have newcomers and experienced leaders alike to share ideas and get on the same page, as well as accelerate innovation by networking organizations and ideas that can feed off of and grow together.
Where: Pennovation Center, 3401 Grays Ferry Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19146
When: 1pm-5pm on Wednesday, September 14, 2016
Why: According to Project Home, each year homeless outreach organizations engage over 5,500 people living on the street, in cars, abandoned buildings, and other places not meant to be lived in, and about 12,000 people access shelter each year. There are organizations across the city working to address the homelessness from a variety of angles, from formal programs out of organizations like Resources for Human Development to photographer Ted Goldman’s photo essay to bring a greater understanding of the homeless community here in Philly. Generocity is inviting orgs that aren’t traditionally in this conversation to get creative and add to these solutions.
How: Generocity is teaming up with Resources for Human Development for an event called Blueprint: Homelessness to map out what homelessness looks like and get new leaders connected. How do you work with this community? If you have the desire but aren’t yet engaged, this is where you figure out how you can be most effective. RHD will look at the series of stages and pain points of homelessness, with a specific view into systems in Philadelphia, incorporating experience from current and past initiatives and current practices to maximize efficiency. Then we’ll workshop together what everyone is currently doing, and create room for collaborations and connections among local leaders who are tackling the biggest issues.
Who is this for?
- Local leaders who already address homelessness, and need a refreshing jolt of energy in their work
- Funders and investors who are looking to back programs that are effective, scalable, and driven by people closest to the issue
- Community development workers who work in Philly neighborhoods
- Nonprofit leaders who have great ideas but need to leverage connections to execute on plans
- Leaders who want to fight homelessness and advocate, and don’t yet know where best to throw their time, talent and funds
Registration link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/blueprint-homelessness-tickets-26930673369
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- Virtual Training: Empowering Youth Using Mentoring Strategies – Sep 10 or 14
- Tech Workshops for Middle School Girls, Grades 5-8, TechGirlz – Sep-Oct
- Tech Workshop for Middle School Girls, Grades 5-8, TechGirlz – Aug 20
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.