Biomedical Technician Training: Research Technician Program – Jun 7
Posted by West Philadelphia Skills Initiative on May 30, 2023
The West Philadelphia Skills Initiative (WPSI) and The Wistar Institute built the Biomedical Technician Training: Research Technician Program to provide candidates with the workplace and technical skills required to build a meaningful career in the Life Sciences industry. Program completion requires in-person attendance at The Wistar Institute and consistent online participation.
Through this program, graduates will be prepared to connect to Research Technician roles where they will support research procedures through care and maintenance of equipment, performing calculations while maintaining electronic databases, and checking records/results.
In this program, we offer:
- Cutting-edge job connection strategies resulting in 96% of WPSI graduates finding employment
- A $150 weekly stipend during the first 10 weeks of the program
- 2 weeks of on-the-job training compensation at $14 per hour
- College-adapted classroom training to prepare participants for a career in the Life Sciences Industry
- The opportunity to interview for open Research Technician positions at CHOP starting at $17/hour
Commitment to the full training schedule is required:
- 10 weeks of In-person sessions, Mondays and Thursdays (6:30 – 8:00 P.M.), (June 26 – Sept 7)
- Facilitated group conversations via Zoom, Tuesdays (6:30 – 8:30 P.M.), (June 20 – Sept 5)
- 2 weeks of in-person lab sessions, Monday – Friday (9:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M.) (Sept 11 – Sept 22)
- Approximately (5) hours of weekly reading and reflection exercises
Attend a virtual information session on June 1, 2023 at 1:00 PM. Register.
The deadline to apply for the program is Wednesday, June 7, 2023 at 5:00 PM.
Learn more about the program and apply.
More in "Job Opportunities/AmeriCorps Opportunities"
- Summer Jobs at Philadelphia Parks & Recreation
- External Evaluator, Philadelphia Education Fund – Jun 26
- SERVE Philadelphia VISTA Member Development Coordinator – Jun 19
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.