Bike Share Community Liaison, Bicycle Coalition of Greater Philadelphia
Posted by Bicycle Coalition of Greater Philadelphia on August 11, 2014
Bike Share Community Liaison
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Bike Share Community Liaison
Assist in implementing an outreach program to increase awareness and use of bike sharing in low income neighborhoods, including:
- Build relationships with neighborhood groups, non-profit organizations, and individuals to promote bike share by attending meetings and events
- Train and manage neighborhood bike share station champions
- Distribute outreach materials in a variety of ways to promote bike share in low income neighborhoods
- Coordinate and staff station activation events (rides, classes, workshops, demonstrations) in priority neighborhoods
- Implement a program evaluation method including baseline data from which we can compare future results
- Work closely with the bike share operator to coordinate with overall marketing efforts and partner with the staff person responsible for maintaining bike share memberships that are not secured with a credit card
- Create content for our bike share station champion toolkit
- Work with the BCGP communications manager to capture biking images for social media, materials, and broader marketin
- Investigate best practices and existing research that relate to bike share and biking among low income populations
The candidate should have the following qualifications:
- A commitment to the Bicycle Coalition’s mission
- Ability to communicate effectively with people of all ages, abilities, cultural groups, economic status or sexual orientation.
- Ability to be persistent, professional and creative when marketing and selling bike share.
- Ability to write and speak in a professional, friendly and accurate manner.
- Ability to stay calm and collected in challenging situations.
- Comfortable presenting information to and engaging large groups with humor and enthusiasm.
- A professional appearance and manner in the community and the office.
- Willingness to visit any Philadelphia neighborhood on foot, bicycle or by public transit.
- Commitment to following traffic safety laws and using all appropriate safety gear including helmets, reflective material, etc.
- Punctuality and good attendance.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
We prefer candidates with these qualifications:
- College graduate with previous work experience.
- Fluency in a language other than English, especially Spanish.
- Familiarity with bike sharing systems.
- Previous non-profit or community organizing experience.
- Event planning and promotion experience.
- Experience with Salesforce database.
- Experience bicycling, walking or using public transportation in Philadelphia.
- Familiarity with the city of Philadelphia and its layout.
How to apply
APPLICATIONS Candidates should write a cover letter explaining why they consider themselves suited for the job; be sure to relay your story, and not just your professional attributes. Also send a resume of qualifications and relevant experience. We pay particular attention to cover letters. References will be requested as the hiring process moves forward.
Please fax, mail or email (preferred) applications to: Katie Monroe (firstname.lastname@example.org) Bike Share Outreach Manager Bicycle Coalition of Greater Philadelphia 1500 Walnut Street, Suite 1107 Philadelphia, PA 19102
- Educator (Part-Time, Temporary), Eastern State Penitentiary Historic Site – Feb 12
- Community Resource Corps Spring 2023 Cohort – Feb 9
- Project Assistant (College/Graduate/Post-Graduate Students), Connect the Dots – Feb 15
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.