Bi-Lingual Tobacco Merchant Educator (Part-Time), PHMC
Posted by Public Health Management Corporation on November 16, 2021
The Public Health Management Corporation (PHMC) is proud to be a leader in public health. PHMC requires that all employees have received the first Covid-19 vaccination dose by the first day of employment. We will offer the Covid-19 vaccination at no cost, via our Health Centers.
The Bi-Lingual Tobacco Merchant Educator’s primary responsibility is to provide onsite, face-to-face, language specific education to tobacco merchants on the City of Philadelphia’s tobacco youth sales laws and policies. Specific tasks include: traveling to merchants for education, making multiple follow-up attempts, recording contact attempts and education efforts.
- Learning and maintaining knowledge of the Philadelphia’s youth sales laws and policies
(prior knowledge not required).
- Traveling throughout the City of Philadelphia to tobacco merchant’s locations
- Educating the Merchant(s) on the laws in Chinese(Mandarin) or English
from an established curriculum
- Completing a survey with the merchant as part of the established curriculum
- Entering the information collected during the education session into an online database
- Keeping regular communication with the Merchant Education Coordinator
- Adult Education Associate, AFAHO – Feb 28
- Executive Director, Joseph’s House of Camden
- Cultural Health Navigator – Male Engagement, AFAHO – Feb 13
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.