Bi-lingual Social Worker, Best Nest, Inc.
Posted by on February 27, 2011
BI-LINGUAL SOCIAL WORKER, Best Nest, Inc.
Posted on: February 15, 2011
Best Nest, Inc., a social service agency located in South Philadelphia, is currently looking for full-time social workers for direct service positions for their medical in-home protective services program. Best Nest provides a variety of services for children with special health care needs including foster care, adoption, in-home protective services and other prevention programs. Best Nest believes in establishing supportive networks of service providers in the communities in which we work in order to support and sustain families. Successful candidates will be willing to explore, identify, and nurture community resources and relationships that would benefit and support the needs of children and families. We are currently looking for qualified candidates who are willing to work with children with special health needs and their families.
• Perform ongoing comprehensive assessments of families and develop targeted service plans.
• Actively engage with children and families in the family home as outlined in program performance standards.
• Complete documentation i.e. case activity logs, quarterly reports, service plans in a timely way.
• Maintain regular communication with DHS and other service providing systems involved with family thru multidisciplinary team meetings, attendance at key appointments, telephone contact, and e-mail correspondence.
• Coordination of medical services
• Home visitation
• Conduct a minimum of 3-5 hours of face to face counseling to birth parents, children and possibly foster parents on a weekly basis
• Case management, including making linkages with community resources, advocacy, and navigating families through the health care, educational and legal systems
• Be accountable to DHS regarding the reporting of safety/neglect issues in the homes of client
• Other responsibilities as required
• BILINGUAL: FLUENT IN SPANISH LANGUAGE
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Fluent in Spanish-reading, speaking and writing
• Ability to work with diverse populations
• Ability to make assessments and develop service plans
• Willingness to work as a team player
• Knowledge of the child welfare and health care systems a plus
Minimum of 2 years direct service experience in child welfare
Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related field required; Master’s degree in Social Work or related field desired
Pay Grade 15
Please forward your resume with salary requirements to:
Kerri Barthel, LSW
Address: 1709 Washington Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19146
- Social Worker, Puentes de Salud
- 2022-2023 Cohort, Community Resource Corps, City of Phila.
- Outreach Coordinator, ASAP/After School Activities Partnerships
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.