Benefits Outreach Specialist, Benefits Data Trust
Posted by Benefits Data Trust on June 16, 2014
Benefits Data Trust, a rapidly growing, national not-for-profit organization, is committed to transforming how people in need access public benefits. Located in Center City Philadelphia, our diverse and socially conscious staff enjoys a casual and productive work environment and most of all making a difference.
We are looking for qualified individuals to serve as Benefits Outreach Specialists (BOS). Ideal BOS candidates are results-driven, articulate, energetic, and possess a willingness to assist the populations we serve in accessing benefit programs.
• Provide program education and in-depth application support to clients through inbound and outbound calls
• Review and process documentation necessary to determine clients’ eligibility for programs
• High School diploma
• Outstanding communication skills (listening, needs assessment, empathy)
• Superb attention to detail and critical thinking skills
• Strong computer skills including MS Office
• Ability to work as a positive team member in a productive environment
• College degree
• Bilingual a plus
• Prior non-profit/social service and/or call center experience
- Communications and Outreach Coordinator, Pendle Hill – Jul 18
- Annual Fund Officer, Pendle Hill – Jul 20
- TRiO College Access Program Coordinator, Phila. Education Fund
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.