Behavioral Health Worker
Posted by School Therapeutic Services on January 7, 2020
RHD’s School Therapeutic Services (STS) is an intensive, short-term service offered in selected schools in the Philadelphia School District. This program was developed to support students whose emotional and behavioral issues create barriers to their school success. A team of experienced mental health professionals works closely with school staff and families to ensure that students receive the help and support they need to learn and thrive in school.
STS is seeking Behavioral Health Worker (BHW) professionals to work in the Philadelphia area. BHW professionals will provide one-to-one support and/or group interventions to children and adolescents with mental health/developmental disorders. The BHW will be part of a team of mental health professionals whose function is to assist clients and families to meet treatment goals. Case assignments will be in the assigned STS (School Therapeutic Services) schools based on a client’s identified treatment needs.
Duties and Activities:
- Clinical Intervention
- Provide 1:1 intensive, behaviorally based interventions as dictated by Lead Clinician, and as written in Treatment Plan. Adhere precisely to scheduled working hours. Adhere precisely to interventions in Treatment Plan.
- Provide a written progress note for each encounter with client, written in adherence to agency guidelines. Provide all progress notes, with timesheet, every timesheet day. Record all time on STS time sheets completely and accurately. Obtain authorized signature in encounter section of time sheet, following EVERY encounter with client. Follow all agency guidelines pertaining to timekeeping, documentation and record keeping.
- Attend weekly one-hour supervision provided by Masters-level mental health professional, if employed twenty hours per week or more.
- Attend weekly one half hour supervision provided by Masters-level mental health professional, if employed less than twenty hours per week.
- A new STS worker must receive no fewer than 15 hours of training prior to working with children and adolescents. An additional 24 hours of training is required within the first six months of working with children and adolescents. An additional 20 hours of training is required each year after the first year of employment.
- Bachelor’s degree in one (1) of the following disciplines: Psychology, Social Work, Sociology, Education, Criminal Justice, or other Human Service field
- Associate’s degree or 60 Credits toward a bachelor’s degree with three (3) years verified full-time paid work experience working in direct contact with children/adolescents is required.
- Candidates are required to have updated Child Abuse, PA Criminal, and FBI clearances within 30 days of hire.
Salary: $13.50 – $15.50 /hour
Resources for Human Development is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, veteran, or disability status.
For more information and to apply click: https://www.rhd.org/about-rhd/work-with-us/job-listings/ – enter CITY: Philadelphia, STATE: PA, RHD PROGRAM: School Therapeutic Services 2, KEYWORD: Behavior Health Worker
- Deputy Executive Director of Place-Based Initiatives, City of Philadelphia
- Transforming Justice Hub Facilitator, CORA
- Data Analyst, Defender Association of Philadelphia
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.