Behavioral Health Policy Coordinator, Children First
Posted by Children First on January 4, 2022
The Behavioral Health Policy Coordinator is a dynamic, seasoned, and innovative leader. This position will help build and advance Children First’s ability to increase child wellness in Philadelphia, particularly for children of color, through extensive collaboration and critical and substantial system change. The Behavioral Health Policy Coordinator will take the lead on building a highly functioning and smoothly operating system for children to gain easy access to quality behavioral health care in their public schools.
- Oversee and direct all aspects of Children First’s school-based behavioral health and alternate method of qualifying children for care initiatives.
- Identify best practices in 21 high need schools that have outreach and referral teams to connect students to services (STEP programs) and advocate for their replication in 20 additional high needs schools and to the extent other school models are highly functioning identify those best practices.
- Convene partners to consider how to apply lessons learned in the school-based behavioral health care system and conduct further research to plan and execute the creation of an infrastructure/system that utilizes an alternative method of qualifying students for mental health services in traditional outpatient settings.
- Bicycle Coalition Youth Cycling Program Coordinator – Jun 17
- Summer Program Instructor, Workshop School
- Be a Philly pool hero: lifeguard training now open
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.