Becoming Evidence-based: Lessons from the Teen Outreach Program
Posted by on August 19, 2013
Becoming Evidence-based: Lessons from the Teen Outreach Program (TOP®) and BUILD Chicago
Date & Time
Thursday, August 22, 2013, 3:00-4:30pm EST
Ingvild Bjornvold, Director of Strategic Initiatives, Social Solutions
- Bessie Alcantara, Director of Program Operations, BUILD Chicago
- Kristin A. Moore, Senior Scholar co-director of Youth Development, ChildTrends
- Joseph R. Miller, Senior Vice President of National Network, the Wyman Center
- Roslind Blasingame Buford, Executive Director, BUILD Chicago
Hear from practitioners whose programs are at different stages of the process: what does it take to become evidence-based? In this webinar, introduced by Kristin A. Moore from PerformWell partner ChildTrends, we explore the performance management issues associated with becoming evidence-based.
Joseph R. Miller will discuss the well-established Teen Outreach Program (TOP®), how the Wyman Center developed it, replication processes, and how the program has evolved over time. TOP® is a highly regarded program referenced on multiple lists of evidence-based programs, including Blueprints for Healthy Youth Development and SAMHSA’s National Registry of Evidence-based Programs and Practices.
Roslind Blasingame Buford and Bessie Alcantara from Broader Urban Involvement and Leadership Development (BUILD) in Chicago, will share their experiences from the perspective of an organization in the process of becoming evidence-based. What role does performance management play in relation to process, outcome and impact evaluations? BUILD has been recognized as a leader in the field, labeled by evaluators as a promising practice and was chosen as a required replication model in an Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention grant program.
Speakers will take questions from the audience.
More in "Miscellaneous"
- 2024 Collective Success Network STEM Career Exploration Program – Dec 15
- Virtual Conversation: Aligning BDEI with Civic and Community Engagement Functions in Higher Education – Dec 12
- 2023 Teach Plus Philadelphia Affinity Group Network Participant Interest Form
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.