Barbara A. Holland Scholar Award
Posted by Coalition of Urban and Metropolitan Universities on May 21, 2018
The Coalition of Urban and Metropolitan Universities is pleased to announce the inaugural Barbara A. Holland Scholar Award.
This annual award honors a bold, mid-career administrator-scholar whose leadership and intellectual voice illuminates the transformative power of urban and metropolitan higher education in the lives of individuals and communities.
One Holland Scholar is selected annually by a committee of emeriti presidents and senior leaders of CUMU member institutions. Candidates are assessed across three domains:
- Professional impact and achievement
- Demonstrated intellectual leadership within and beyond their institution
- Scholarship impact relevant to their administrative role
This award is open to administrator-scholars from current CUMU member institutions.
Holland Scholars are recognized at the CUMU Annual Conference and are expected to deliver prepared remarks. Awardees are provided free registration and an award of $2,000.
CUMU invites nominations for this award through July 13.
View Complete Details
More in "Miscellaneous"
- Emerging Engagement Scholars Workshop Application – Mar 31
- Webinar: Our Roles in Creating Inclusive Environments – Apr 26
- Linguistic Justice in Research Virtual Conference – Apr 14
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.