Bank of America’s Student Leaders Program
Posted by on December 19, 2011
Bank of America seeks applicants for student leaders program
The Bank of America Charitable Foundation’s Student LeadersProgram is accepting applications for the 2012 program.
Since its inception in 2004, the Bank of America Student Leaders Program has recognized more than 1,600 exemplary high school juniors and seniors with a passion for improving their communities. The program helps students gain a greater understanding of how nonprofits create impact in the community and helps develop them as the next generation of community leaders through two components:
* A summer 2012 eight-week paid internship with selected nonprofit organizations designed to provide opportunities for the students to develop and apply leadership skills through hands-on work experience, while raising their awareness of community issues addressed by their host organization.
* A week-long all-expense paid Student Leadership Summit in Washington, D.C., July 15-20. Conducted in partnership with the Close Up Foundation, the Summit introduces students to aspects of civic, social and business leadership and provides them with knowledge and skills they will use throughout their life to create positive community change.
The deadline for applications is January 25th. For more details, go here.
More in "Miscellaneous"
- Webinar: Helping Kids and Families Thrive: New Evidence on Cash Supports – Jun 13
- Webinar: Using Data Refineries to Drive Social Impact – Learn How! – Jun 29
- Virtual Lunch & Learn Series: Participatory Budgeting – Jun 14
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.