Ball and Burlapped Trees Available
Posted by on February 20, 2004
Support a great program and get large Trees (generally 2-3″ caliper and 10-14′ tall)…
Awbury Youth 2000 and the Germantown High School Horticulture Club announce:
BALL AND BURLAPPED TREES AVAILABLE FOR SPRING PLANTING!!
For the last 8 years, Germantown teenagers have been planting and tending trees in two tree farms at the Awbury Arboretum. This year we will ball and burlap a bumper crop of trees which will be available for planting this spring.
Species include, among others:
* Green Ash (Fraxinus pennsylvanica)
* Red Maple (Acer rubrum)
* Silver Maple (Acer saccharinum)
* Sugar Maple (Acer saccharum)
* Common Hackberry (Celtis occidentalis)
* Red Bud (Cercis canadensis)
* Red Oak (Quercus rubra)
* Willow Oak (Quercus phellos)
* Black Gum (Nissa sylvatica)
* Tuliptree (Liriodendron tulipfera)
* Sycamore (Platanus occidentalis)
* Arbor Vitae (Arbor vitae)
* White Pine (Pinus strobus )
We ask for donations ranging from $50-$100 per tree. Quantity discounts are available. All donations will directly support Awbury Youth 2000, the arboretum’s teen job-training program, and the activities of the GHS Horticulture Club.
Trees will be at the Greene Street Friends Tree Lab, 5508 Germantown Avenue, and may be seen all Sundays in April from 1-3pm and by appointment.
Contact Andy Jickling at 215-438-7000 or email@example.com for more information.
More in "New Resources"
- Tracking COVID-19’s Effects by Race and Ethnicity
- New Study: How Teens Navigate School During COVID-19
- New Report: Reflecting Forward: Philadelphia-based Black Leaders’ Recommendations for Regional Funders
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.