Audience Engagement Coordinator, Next City
Posted by Next City on May 5, 2014
Next City seeks a dynamic Audience Engagement Coordinator who will steer the organization’s social media efforts, supports its communication and marketing campaigns, and serve as a primary contact for all outreach and audience development. Our new Audience Engagement Coordinator is a true team player, someone who not only has great ideas and a sense of humor, but also is comfortable with an ever-adapting job description. The ideal candidate has 1-3 years of direct experience working for a nonprofit or media organization, and is someone who thrives in a fast-paced work environment, who writes with ease and personality, and who is comfortable in being a generalist.
Though the position requires the business savvy of someone with some experience in marketing and outreach, it also requires skills typical of a journalist, such as the ability to write on a short deadline and an excellent handle of grammar and word usage. As the Audience Engagement Coordinator will be an external-facing position, s/he will represent Next City and thus must be passionate about the organization’s mission to inspire social, economic and environmental change in cities. Next City is a fast-growing media organization dedicated to uncovering ways of improving urban life in the U.S. and abroad. We prize ambitious employees who invest themselves fully in their position and the work of the organization. The sky is the limit at Next City, and thus the position rewards those who have a strong work ethic, are flexible, and who are willing to take on responsibility.
Primary responsibilities include:
– Manage Next City’s Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Linked In and other social media sites
– Manage a daily newsletter, including writing the editorial content, coordinating all editorial and advertising content, coordinating with the creative director on design, managing the timeline and managing the Mail Chimp mailing lists
– Monitor all platforms, including gathering analytics from Google Analytics and other sources and reporting on trends and anticipating opportunities
– Serve as a member of the both the editorial and marketing teams, ensuring Next City’s content is aligned with audience development strategies and vice versa
– In partnership with senior leadership team, coordinate media partnerships with conferences and other organizations
– In partnership with senior leadership team and contractors, coordinate logistics for Next City events and meetings
– Create and distribute press releases for Next City events and articles and other high-touch engagements with the press
– Provide high quality customer service support, answering inquiries related to subscriptions, advertising and all audience and constituent engagement issues
– Ability to travel and attend work events after hours and on weekends, as necessary
– Oversee editorial and administrative interns
– Other duties as assigned
- Executive Director, ArtWell – Jun 1
- Maker Space and Technology Manager (Full-Time), The Workshop School
- Watershed Adaptation Corps, Drexel Univ. – May 31
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.