Asthma Program – School Ambassador, CHOP
Posted by Children's Hospital of Philadelphia on June 29, 2021
The Asthma School Ambassador is a community health worker who supports the Community Asthma Prevention Program in participating elementary schools. The primary responsibility of the Asthma School Ambassador is to support the principal and school nurse in implementing school asthma interventions.
The ideal candidate will have completed some college course work and will have experience working with school age children and/or working in a school environment
- Maintain caseload as defined by ongoing needs and level of experience
- Identify high risk children with asthma – review inpatient and ED asthma reports, follow up on physician and school nurse referrals, complete chart reviews for patients being seen in the Care Network for asthma-related sick visits.
- Conduct regular follow-up visits and/or telephone calls to reinforce education and administer assessments. Report results to health care team.
- Complete documentation for all education encounters in an appropriate and timely fashion
- Responsible for appropriate use of intervention supplies, maintaining organization of storage closet and documentation of use of supplies
- Training of new staff as needed
- Responsible for maintaining Microsoft Outlook calendar to document daily work schedule
- Attend monthly training sessions
- Follow all HIPPA and confidentiality regulations regarding protection of patients.
- President, Archbishop Ryan High School, Phila.
- Administrative Assistant (Part-Time), Penn State Brandywine
- Front Desk/Greeter (Part-Time), Dornsife Center – Nov 20
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.