Asst. Dir. for Student Leadership & Dev., Lindy Center for Civic Engagement at Drexel
Posted by on August 19, 2013
Asst. Director for Student Leadership & Development
Drexel University’s Lindy Center for Civic Engagement promotes the ideals of social responsibility and public service by facilitating community based experiential learning for students, faculty, and staff. Through collaborations with the community, we improve the public good on the local, national, and global levels while enriching the scholarship and character of Drexel through enhanced education. The Assistant Director of Student Leadership and Development is a critical member of the Lindy Center for Civic Engagement’s team. This position oversees all student leadership initiatives in the Lindy Center including the Drexel Community Scholars. The Assistant Director collaborates with all members of the Lindy Center staff as well as various University partners.
Qualifications: 1. Three to five years of experience in student affairs or related field 2. Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree in higher education or related field preferred 3. Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage several projects simultaneously 4. Ability and interest to connect with and mentor college students. 5. Ability to work collaboratively with various campus partners 6. Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends when required. 7. Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills 8. Excellent administrative skills 9. Strong presentation skills and/or demonstrated training experience desirable.
1. Manage the Drexel Community Scholars Program including conducting semi-annual recruitment of students, presenting on-going training, managing program budget, and performing program assessment.
2. Develop and facilitate the delivery of the Public Service Leadership Institute (PSLI), which is a series of training workshops for all student leadership positions in the Lindy Center. Track progress of student leaders, evaluate programming, and make improvements.
3. Advise and coach students as appropriate in regards to their co-curricular civic engagement pursuits. Provide students with information regarding post-grad service opportunities including fellowships.
4. Serve as a Lindy Center liaison to various Student Affairs departments including: New Student Orientation, Office of Campus Activities, Residence Life, Fraternity and Sorority Life, and Religious Life. Work collaboratively with each department on all relevant civic engagement programming.
a. Serve as a staff advisor to several student organizations that incorporate service into their mission (ex: Circle K)
5. Collaborate with Enrollment Management on civic engagement marketing initiatives to prospective students. Manage the Distinguished Service Scholarship application review process.
6. Manage the Service Immersion Program, including the recruitment and selection process as well as general planning for the local, national, and international immersion.
7. Lead the planning and implementation of student development activities such as the Service Leaders Summit, Social Justice Week, Drexel Votes, and other themed events that provide students with unique learning.
8. Supervise a student leadership graduate assistant
9. Serve as a key member of the Lindy Center for Civic Engagement staff and assist the Director as requested.
Start Date: 9/15/13
Note from Drexel: We anticipate having the job open only through 8/20/13 – so please encourage your candidates to apply quickly. The job is now live on http://Drexeljobs.com
- Education Program Manager, HIAS PA
- Center Director, Childspace Centers
- Transportation Planning Intern, Streets Department
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.