Association of American Cultures Annual Conference
Posted by on June 3, 2005
[posted from Art in the Public Interest newsletter]
The Association of American Cultures
Impacting public policy on the American Arts Industry
The Association of American Cultures invites you to join workers of color in the arts at:
Open Dialogue X
Symposium on Cultural Diversity in the Arts
The Arts as a Catalyst for Change
August 18-21, 2005, in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
This marks the Twenty Year Anniversary of TAAC!
Every two years, culturally diverse leaders and activists in the Arts from across America gather to discuss the issues of relevance and importance to their community.
NEW UP-DATE…Keynote speakers will include:
– Olga Garay, Director of Arts Funding for the Doris Duke Charitable Foundation in NY
– Bill Strickland, President, Manchester Craftsman’s Guild-Pittsburgh, PA
– Francene Blythe (Navajo/Sioux/Cherokee) The All Roads Film Project, National Geographic Society
– Barbara Nicholson, Executive Director, Martin Luther King Arts Complex-Columbus, OH
– Justin Laing, Assistant Director of Pittsburgh’s Nego Gato, Inc. and a member of Americans for the Arts Emerging Leader Council
– Ron Chew, Executive Director of the Wing Luke Asian Museum in Seattle, WA.
This year the dialogue theme is: The Arts as a Catalyst for Change.
- College Leadership Summit – Nov 5
- IARSLCE 2021 Virtual Gathering: Reflections on a Tumultuous Time and an Invitation to Gather – Nov 15-17
- Call for Proposals: Pathways to Achieving Civic Engagement (PACE) Conference – Nov 10
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.