Associate Vice President, Economic Innovation & Partnerships, University of Delaware
Posted by University of Delaware on November 12, 2019
The Vortechs Group has been retained by the University of Delaware to recruit their next Associate Vice President of Economic Innovation and Partnerships.
The Associate Vice President will participate in the innovation and entrepreneurship activities of the six major multidisciplinary research institutes that report directly to the Vice President for Research, Scholarship & Innovation. The Office of Economic Innovation & Partnerships works with and across the University’s eight colleges to enhance economic impact by bringing together the collective and integrated talents of the University, and Delaware’s businesses, academic and entrepreneurial communities.
The Associate Vice President will provide visionary leadership aligned with the University’s priorities concerning innovation and entrepreneurship. Key responsibilities and goals for the position are to:
· Refine the responsive and engaging process that links University innovation with opportunities and the needs of potential partners in government, industry, national labs and academic sectors.
· Encourage and support faculty innovation and entrepreneurship by developing and maintaining simple and clear processes that support inventors through the full pipeline from discovery through commercialization to produce economic and societal benefit from University of Delaware’s intellectual property portfolio.
· Engage, foster, develop and grow strategic partnerships and collaborations that enhance the University’s research competencies, reputation and economic impact.
· Identify opportunities for interdisciplinary research and serve to connect and support diverse stakeholders in developing and commercializing transformational science.
· Develop and implement a strategic plan for aligned with the University of Delaware President’s vision for innovation and entrepreneurship that includes success metrics.
· Provide leadership in naming, redefining, and resourcing the Office, including Office goals and strategy.
The review of applications will commence immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Read the full position description here: https://vortechsgroup.com/associate-vice-president-economic-innovation-partnerships-university-of-delaware/.
To apply, please send your resume and salary expectations to Lisa Rooney, Lisa@vortechsgroup.com.
- Afterschool Group Leaders, Martha Washington School
- Education Coordinator, Pendle Hill – Oct 20
- STEM Workforce Development Manager, McKinney Center
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.