Associate Secretary General, Philadelphia Yearly Meeting – Apr 22
Posted by Philadelphia Yearly Meeting on March 29, 2022
The Associate General Secretary serves as the chief operations director for Philadelphia Yearly Meeting (PYM) and reports to the General Secretary. The Associate General Secretary is responsible for the direction of day-to-day staff work to execute strategies that further PYM’s mission and goals. This position supervises and integrates the work of program, communications, data, IT and facilities.
PYM is a regional (Eastern Pennsylvania, South Jersey, Delaware, and the Eastern Shore of MD) community of visible, welcoming, vibrant, multigenerational Quaker meetings (congregations) and worship groups united by shared understanding and shared practices described in our book of Faith and Practice.
- Work closely with the General Secretary to set organizational goals in alignment with yearly meeting goals and drive operational strategy.
- Develop plans, implement procedures and set measurable outcomes across all areas of responsibility. –
- Directly supervise the Director of Communications, Program Director and Data & Logistics Coordinator, who in turn supervise 5 full-time and 10 part-time members of the communications and program staff.
- Ensure program, communications and operations workflows are efficient, dynamic, effective, responsive and spiritually grounded. Ensure the activity of all of the staff is integrated and the staff needs are met. Establish and guide collaborative processes and clear communication practices.
- Supervise daily operations and work with our IT and Friends Center partners on systems such as technology, data and facilities.
- Support -the Councils’ (Board) strategic thinking and work with General Secretary and Chief Financial Officer to support the integration of the various aspects of PYM governance with one another in a common direction.
- Work closely with the General Secretary and Chief Financial Officer on all matters related to business.
- Work closely with the Director of HR and Inclusion and Director of Development, contributing as needed for success in their roles and collaborating as needed for success in operations.
- Community Health Program Coordinator, CHOP
- Homeowner Services Intake Coordinator, Habitat for Humanity – Nov 11
- Individual Giving Manager, Habitat for Humanity – Oct 28
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.