Associate Director of College Admissions, Philadelphia Futures
Posted by Philadelphia Futures on November 12, 2019
Philadelphia Futures is a nonprofit organization that provides Philadelphia’s low-income, first-generation-to-college students with the tools, resources, and opportunities necessary for admission to and success in college. We transform lives by breaking down the barriers that have historically excluded low-income, first-generation-to-college students from achieving college and career success. The students Philadelphia Futures serves are provided with a comprehensive, time-tested array of programs designed to reduce or eliminate the institutional, academic, social and financial barriers to college success.
We are currently seeking an Associate Director of College Admissions to join our team. This position serves as the leader of Philadelphia Futures’ college admissions process for high school seniors in the Sponsor-A-Scholar and College Connection programs.
- Lead admissions process and programming for the senior class including planning, executing, and tracking of all activities related to the college admissions application and the financial aid application (FAFSA, CSS/Financial Aid Profile) processes.
- Steward the College Partner admissions and financial aid relationships, and seek opportunities to recommend new College Partner relationships.
- Develop and implement college admission strategies and activities including campus visits, special on-site information sessions, admission interviews and the admission recommendation process, and collaborate with PF staff members responsible for handling the logistics for these activities.
- Train and prepare College Access staff for critical college guidance meetings with key stakeholders (students, Coordinators, college admissions consultants, parents/guardians, and mentors) for College Consultations and Financial Fit Meetings.
- Seek and connect students to college admissions opportunities, including fly-ins, overnights, and drive-in/partner workshop admissions opportunities.
- Prepare workshop content and work closely with College Access staff to plan and implement a nine-day summer intensive program (College Admissions Marathon) for rising seniors to initiate the college admissions application process.
- Research and connect PF staff to professional development information, resources, and opportunities about college admissions, including NACAC, PACAC resources, and counselor programs on college campuses.
Learn more and apply: https://www.philadelphiafutures.org/employment/associate-director-of-college-admissions/
- Afterschool Group Leaders, Martha Washington School
- Education Coordinator, Pendle Hill – Oct 20
- STEM Workforce Development Manager, McKinney Center
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.