Assistant Program Officer, Financial Opportunities, LISC Philly
Posted by LISC Philadelphia on March 29, 2022
With residents and partners, LISC forges resilient and inclusive communities of opportunity across America – great places to live, work, visit, do business and raise families.
LISC Philadelphia seeks an individual with a commitment to economic inclusion and empowerment to fill the position of Assistant Program Officer-Financial Opportunities. This position will support LISC Philadelphia’s income and wealth building activities with community partners, including Financial Opportunity Centers (FOCs), Bridges to Career Opportunities (BCOs), and a collaborative place-based model for providing poverty alleviation services. This collaborative leverages a network of partner organizations to connect families to critical poverty alleviation services including housing, income, food assistance, and tax services. FOC partner organizations deliver an integrated set of career coaching, financial coaching, and income supports access services to help community residents access family-sustaining jobs, access financial products and build credit, and build assets. BCOs are enhanced FOCs offering contextualized adult basic education and career pathways focused on middle-skills jobs with opportunities for career and wage advancement.
- Support Program Officer in the local Financial Opportunity Centers (FOC) and Bridges to Career Opportunities (BCO) strategy and implementation.
- Manage place-based collaborative of service providers and cross-neighborhood networks that advance strategies to increase resident income and wealth building opportunities.
- Manage a large public-private grant that is the primary funding source for a place-based service collaborative.
- Plan, coordinate, and facilitate meetings, trainings, and workshops for community partners.
- Support and enhance capacities of community partners to collect and analyze program data, and to use data to improve program performance.
- Track data and develop accurate, accessible, and up-to-date reports on partner program accomplishments.
- Administer grants to community partners, and contracts with consultants.
- Assist in preparing and managing program budgets, in consultation with the Program Officer and other staff.
- Work with local and national colleagues in support of Community Development Corporation (CDC) capacity building, place-based initiatives, and policy issues that impact communities that LISC serves.
- Collaborate with other LISC departments as needed in support of wealth building opportunities and equitable economic development.
- Assist the Resource Development team in identifying funding opportunities and preparing proposals, applications, reports, presentations and tours.
- Assist the Communications team in identifying and sharing LISC’s work and the work of community partners.
- Assume responsibility for special projects and other assignments, as needed.
- Assistant Director for Local Service and Community Engagement, Villanova Univ. – Nov 1
- Site Coordinator, Playworks
- Administrative and Event Associate., Bicycle Coalition
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.