Assistant Group Supervisors, Phila./Darby PA (Part-Time)
Posted by Episcopal Community Services on May 31, 2022
Out of School Time (OST ECS) program at Episcopal Community Services is currently looking for Assistant Group Supervisors to assist with leading its Out of School Time Programs at several Philadelphia area schools (full listing below.) ECS OST provides a safe and nurturing environment, enrichment activities, academic assistance, field trips, service learning, physical activity, and nutritious snacks and meals in order to support children’s development and reinforce academic skills. SDP classroom curricula in science, technology, engineering, arts, and mathematics (known as STEAM) are reinforced through project-based learning and the contracting of expert consultants. The program has a strong commitment to the whole family not just to the child. If you enjoy working with youth and are committed to making a positive difference through active support, this is the perfect role for you.
During the school year the program operates Monday through Friday from 2:30PM to 6:00PM (hours vary based on location) for a total of 15-20 hours per week. Additional hours may be required during school half days. During the summer the camp programs operate from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM for a total of 40 hours per week for six weeks.
- Supervise children in the OST Program.
- Assist with the implementation of daily program activities in the OST Program.
- Implement and track structure activity projects.
- Provide academic assistance for children and youth in OST Program.
- Champion the ECS Path to Prosperity model (adapted from EMPath’s Mobility Mentoring Model®) throughout all of ECS by providing peer coaching, team support and Prosperity Model coaching as part of participant services.
- Career Specialist, Welcoming Center – Mar 12
- Community Program Manager – Mar 25
- Quaker Voluntary Service Fellowship – Mar 1
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.