Assistant Director Of Development, Resources for Human Development
Posted by Resources for Human Development on April 2, 2018
The Assistant Director of Development manages a portfolio of 100-125 prospects to increase the number of donors and size of gift utilizing personal cultivation and solicitation. The Assistant Director assists in the development and execution of goals and strategies for all fundraising efforts.
- Help develop and implement fundraising campaigns for RHD and individual programs including case statements, grants, timelines, goals, outcomes and budgets
- Manage a pool of donors and arrange personal visits for the purpose of identifying, prioritizing, cultivating, soliciting and recognizing donors and prospects.
- Ensure the integrity and accuracy of Raiser’s Edge database.
- Assist with fundraising events and special projects as needed.
- Help coordinate development efforts with other RHD departments as needed.
- Coordinate mailings/emails to donors, including appeals, thank you letters, event invitations, and other communication pieces.
- Research and solicit sponsorships for various events and activities as needed.
Job Requirements/Minimum Qualifications:
- Resume and cover letter submission required for consideration
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience meeting one to one with donors
- Experience soliciting corporations, foundations and individuals
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge highly preferred
- Strong verbal, written and communication skills
- Proven organizational skills and knowledge of fundraising
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Valid Driver’s License
- Group Sales Associate, National Constitution Center
- Accounting Clerk, National Constitution Center
- Freedom Schools Literacy Academy Paid Teacher Apprenticeship
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.