Assistant Director of College Readiness, OnTrack to PSE
Posted by Uncommon Individual Foundation on September 21, 2015
Assistant Director of College Readiness
Job Purpose: Manage OnTrack to PSE’s student base by supporting OnTrack’s college readiness curriculum.
OnTrack to Post-Secondary Education (PSE) is an online college and career readiness program for students, school counselors, community agencies, and mentors to become informed of the PSE process. It provides 9th-12th grade students with the knowledge to complete their educational experience through weekly grade-specific video modules. Using the prescribed curriculum from OnTrack, our students are prepared to apply to realistic schools, gain acceptance, and receive financial aid support to attend. As a grant by the Uncommon Individual Foundation, the OnTrack program is at no cost to schools, community organizations, or students.
• 5+ years as a public school counselor, or applicable college access experience
• Preferred experience facilitating student and parent workshops on college readiness
• Preferred experience in assisting students and parents with financial aid
• College degree
• Candidates must possess strong organizational and prioritization skills
• Excellent communication skills, both written and in oral presentations
• Strong PC and MS Office skills
• Deliver post-secondary support for OnTrack users through college readiness and financial aid workshops
• Develop expertise with the OnTrack college readiness curriculum
• Answer student or parent inquiries regarding college attainment
• Research college access best practices to continually update the OnTrack curriculum
• Attend exhibits and professional development events to market OnTrack to PSE
• Administer and compute program outcomes through student surveys
• Run weekly reports of student progress in the OnTrack to PSE program
• Support implementation of OnTrack to PSE in host sites
• Assist with program demonstrations of the program as needed
• A competitive salary with benefits including 401k, vacation days, and health insurance
The Uncommon Individual Foundation is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that studies, develops and applies the art and science of mentoring to help focused individuals work toward the achievement of their dreams, and aids entities of all kinds in creating a culture of active mentorship for organizations within their organizations.
Our Core Values
• Every person is unique, and requires help to achieve their full potential
• Before one can achieve, one must have a goal
• A dream without action is nothing more than a wish
• Every individual is only as strong as the mentoring resources they cultivate
• Access to the right encouragement, tools, and guidance is far more valuable than money
If you are interested, send your resume and cover letter to [email protected].
- Campus Compact Student Design Fellowship – Oct 27
- Special Projects Manager (Remote), Campus Compact
- Student Engagement Coordinator (Remote), Campus Compact
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.