Assistant Director, Affinity Engagement, Villanova University
Posted by Villanova University on November 1, 2022
Duties And Responsibilities
- Program Management: Oversees the strategic development and daily management of a growing group of social and identity-based Affinity Networks (i.e., Villanova University Black Alumni, Villanova Singers Legacy Society, Villanova Veterans, etc.). In partnership with affinity group leaders and staff, plans and executes in-person and virtual engagement opportunities in alignment with UA event policies and procedures. Responsible for measurement of program success by tracking volunteer membership, event attendance and survey data. Establishes opportunities to evaluate, improve and recognize program accomplishments.
- Reunion Committees & Class Engagement: Manages twelve (12) Reunion Committees annually, which includes recruitment, goal setting, education, and coordination of committee-related programming and communications. Assist with additional alumni class-based initiatives as needed, with a focus on milestone anniversary celebrations.
- Volunteer Management: Serves as main point of contact, year-round, for Affinity and Reunion volunteers. Develops programs, policies, and procedures to identify, recruit, orient, manage, evaluate, and recognize volunteers on an annual basis.
- Staff support for other related Alumni Relations and University Advancement initiatives including, but not limited to: Homecoming, Reunion, 1842 Day, Volunteer Leaders Conference, and others as established.
- Perform other duties and assist with special projects as assigned.
- Educator (Part-Time, Temporary), Eastern State Penitentiary Historic Site – Feb 12
- Community Resource Corps Spring 2023 Cohort – Feb 9
- Project Assistant (College/Graduate/Post-Graduate Students), Connect the Dots – Feb 15
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.