Asset-Based Community Development workshop
Posted by on July 04, 2011
Mobilizing the gifts of people, organizations, and communities.
Powerful people and effective programs working together
Sept. 19 & 20, 2011
Goodman Community Center
Madison WI 53704
Join Ron Dwyer-Voss, Steve Kretzmann, Mike Green and Deb Wisniewski for a two-day learning event focused on putting Asset-Based Community Development principles into practice.
Join us for an engaging and interactive learning event. Learn how to put the fundamental principles
and practices of Asset-Based Community Development (ABCD) into action. Build more community engagement and involvement. This event will focus on understanding ABCD principles and applying them to mobilizing people, organizations, and communities.
ABCD in Action is a learning experience that familiarizes participants with the basic ABCD concepts, shares tools to put concepts into practice, and provides opportunities for participants to develop their skills in using the tools to improve programs and the effectiveness of their nonprofit organization, collaborative or local agency.
Participants in ABCD in Action will work on real life situations and develop action plans to take home. Part of the training will emphasize how to include and engage traditionally excluded people (usually “labeled” people with disabilities or illness, youth, seniors, immigrant communities, etc.)
Participants in the training will be able to:
• Tap into the unique gifts of individuals and the power of voluntary associations
• Engage institutions (health agencies, schools, social services) with their communities and vice versa.
• Sustain community organizations and leaders
• Build successful partnerships
• Find and mobilize organizational assets and community assets to work together for stronger projects and programs
• Use social networking to develop more connected local communities where relationships among people grow
Need more information?
Contact Deb by email at email@example.com with “ABCD Madison” in the subject line or by phone at 608-345-4761
- Call for Papers: ABCD Themed Volume of Gateways: International Journal of Community Research and Engagement – Dec 9
- Save the Date: Harvard College Scholarship and Social Justice Undergraduate Conference – Apr 13&14
- Save the Date: Symposium on Anti-Racist Community Engagement – Mar 31
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.